Sign the Petition
To: Palo Alto City Council
The Sustainability/Climate Action Plan and Annual Earth Day Report of 4/18/2016 has a plan with steps to get residents and businesses to convert their natural gas appliances to electrical ones. The web site http://www.paloaltoenergy.org has information that shows that the new required electrical equipment and appliances would cost thousands and thousands of dollars to purchase and install and monthly heating bills would double. With that in mind, we the undersigned state that:
- Converting to electrical appliances should and must always be voluntary. There should be no pressure or suggestion by city staff to utility customers to make a conversion.
- Delete on page 32, of S/CAP, item “Investigate changes to building code to encourage or if possible require hot water fuel switching for existing buildings (NG-COMM-1.4)”
- Delete on page 32, of S/CAP, item “Investigate changes to building code to encourage or if possible require space heating fuel switching for existing buildings (NG-COMM-2.3)”
- Delete on page 33 of S/CAP, item “Goal: Reduce natural gas usage in existing homes”
- Delete page 34 of S/CAP.
- Delete on page 35 of S/CAP, “Strategy: Encourage all-electric new buildings (NG-GAS-1”